Thank you for considering Bluegrass Pugfest as an opportunity to share your time for the good of Pugs in need around the country! Bluegrass Pugfest, Inc. is an all-volunteer organization. Many Pug rescue organizations depend on the event each year as a source of much-needed funding. Volunteering takes a lot of time, effort, and commitment.
Volunteers are vital to Bluegrass Pugfest, Inc. Volunteers are the “face” of Bluegrass Pugfest Inc. – you and your behavior may form a lasting impression about Bluegrass Pugfest to a member of the public. Because our reputation is a critical component of our success, volunteers are expected to:
- Understand and adhere to the volunteer guidelines
- Work toward fulfilling the mission of the organization
- Never expect payment for services (we are an all-volunteer organization)
- Fulfill the commitments you make
- Report issues to the volunteer coordinator or a member of the Board of Directors
- Refer media requests to a member of the Board of Directors
- Smile, work hard, and enjoy what you are doing
What to consider before applying to help
- Do you have time to help?
- Do you love Pugs and People?
- Do you feel rewarded by knowing what you do helps others and Pugs?
- Do you work well with teams?
- Do you have the ability to handle the ups and downs of being a volunteer?
If your answers were, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes, we need you!
We need talent in the following areas (and more)
- Artists (graphic, signage, t-shirt design, logos, etc.)
- Laborers (setup, tear-down, event work, moving and storage, etc.)
- Social Media Stars (Facebook, Instagram, Email Blasts, etc.)
- Communications (thank you cards, designing outgoing communication, newsletter, etc.)
- Project Management (event coordination and planning, facility reservation, etc.)
- Human Resources (volunteer training / management, job manuals, etc.)
- Donation Coordination (requesting donations, writing grants, preparing auction items, etc.)
- Website Coordination (website maintenance, content creation, updates, etc.)
If you can help, fill out our Volunteer Application below.